I would find someone who is already offering said workshops - a local
association or training company, perhaps - and form a relationship
with them to host the events.

Right now we don't have many events other than user group meetings or
CoLab-specific events. We have "lunch and learn" several times per
month, one of which I organize. I teach Drupal CMS and other New Media
classes, like podcasting and videblogging. http://drupaleasy.com

The price is really dependent on the subject, audience, experience
level, etc. For private tutoring I normally quote $75 an hour, or
anywhere from $125-325 for an all-day (8 hour) group session. I shoot
for groups between 10 and 20 people, but we have taught 30-person
sessions. Unfortunately, I can't teach the large sessions in our
coworking space, because the space does not have that kind of capacity
right now.

Some training can garner thousands of dollars per day per trainee, but
many sessions like that require a big-name trainer or a computer lab
with fully licensed software. Our School District's Vo-Tech center is
a few blocks away, and they offer classes like that in Final Cut Pro,
Photoshop and Flash. Since Adobe and Apple have certified software-
specific certifications, there are more hoops to jump through to be a
certified training center. On the other hand, a survey by our state-
wide Digital Media Alliance of industry professionals says that the
certification doesn't count as much as your portfolio and job
experience.

If your space has A/V available (projector, screen, etc) and partner
with catering or a local shop for providing coffee and other
refreshments, boxed lunch, that would the space more attractive to me
as a trainer.

Peace,
Ryan Price
Orlando, FL