We're still realy young in our progress, but I will offer this....The co-work model as we see it is working with professional people you like to work with, in a cool space, creating "things" that make a difference in the community and the world, supporting a responsible lifestyle and building community along the way.  Or as I've always said, "doing life together."  The sustainability of the space should be directly related to the profitability of the members, I think.  As each business grows and becomes more successful due to great networks, resources and relationships, they should intern give back to the "Mother" who gave birth to it all in the first place.  (I feel an illustration/word picture coming!!) I'd like to see the rates stay consistent along the way, but encourage the members to join in the marketing efforts to bring in more members, to push people towards renting spaces, to develop classes and clinics where they pay a percentage to the space for rent and investment.  The more the space "works" the more work comes in, the more profit for the members and the space grows, thus continuing to offer it's sustaining milk to all who suckle at it's life-giving breasts!!  See I told you it was coming!!

Chad