Hi fellow coworking peeps,

I am so completely stoked right now. I just signed the loi for VT's
first coworking space.
Yes, it's official.  Put VT on the map....we made it.

OfficeSquared (o2) is going to open in Burlington, VT sometime in
early November.  I have been networking
my butt off on this concept, and almost every single person around
town thought it was a fantastic idea and
could not wait for me to open.  So over the summer I built a linkedin
group of 100+ people around town,  asked them all sorts of questions
and had all kinds of discussions with people, met some terrific new
people, and finally
 felt it was time to make the move on this.   I can not believe the
amount of support and time that people are giving me to make this
happen.  They always say that when something is meant to be that
things start aligning, and that's what's been happening.  The time is
right.....

I've attached the note I just sent out to my local group with all of
the details: address, website, etc..

I want to say to YOU GUYS that this google group has been invaluable
for me.  I have used so many of the ideas, directions, successes and
challenges that you have all faced to get me to where I am.   THANK
YOU!!!!
I haven't met any of you f2f, but I know I will someday.  Stop in and
see us if you're ever in Burlington  (just voted the best place in the
country to raise kids by Children's Health Magazine.).  I'll continue
to keep you posted along the way, and I'm sure I'll have plenty of
questions.

Jen
@jeninvt
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's official!

VT's first coworking space will be located at 106 Main St, 1st Floor
in Burlington. Anticipated opening is early November.
Google Map: http://tinyurl.com/r3xepa

The name of our space will be Office Squared (o2):
"an exponentially better office experience"

Visit our website at:
http://officesquared.wordpress.com/

I could use your help. On the home page of the website is a survey of
what you would like in a coworking space. I know I've asked for this
info before, but now I have a systematic way of collecting it. PLEASE
fill out the survey if you haven't done so already. We'll be starting
fitup next week and it's important that I know what you want in the
space.

So far I have speced out:
- wifi (of course)
- wired connection
- conf room (sleeps 8) - with projector and web conferencing
- small team room (sleeps 4)
- room for about 5 desks, 6 club chairs around tables, 2 cafe tables,
2 bar seating, a couch and chair. Total open seating for about 20
comfortably.
- coffee station
- industrial, edgy yet comfortable interior design
- dogs allowed (but i have the right to kick poochy out if I feel he/
she is not quite right for our space)
- other ammenities include member list access, learning events, etc.

I am so grateful for your help and input to date. All of the other
coworking spaces across the country emphasize "community first" when
building a coworking space. I am convinced that Burlington and
Northern VT has one of the strongest communities around. Seriously,
doesn't it feel like there are at most two degrees of separation
around here?

Please keep the ideas and thoughts rolling in. We’ve had two coworking
jellies (informal coworking events), one in July and one in August, to
gauge interest and to start to establish some sort of VT norms for
coworking. See pics on flickr for some of the fun "rules" we
established. We had about 15 people at each jelly. It was interesting,
informative, and great to start to meet some of you f2f.

I will be posting a member form on the website shortly. If you are
interested in becoming a part of o2, please join us on this journey.
I will be at 106 Main St., 1st Floor West, a lot over the next couple
of weeks, so please stop in to say hello if you can. I'll be the one
with the big smile on my face.

This space is about connections. Working in the same
space...absolutely....but also making new biz connections and friends,
and pushing the envelope on social innovation.

Can't wait to work with you.

Jen

p.s. remember to go fill out the survey:
http://officesquared.wordpress.com/