> Does this sound like an appropriate use of a coworking meeting room? A
> good fit with the coworking community? Is this sort of thing generally
> interesting or am I out in left field on this with the other
> Slideshare and Ignite dorks?

I can only speak for us in Atlanta at Ignition Alley but it's a perfect fit for
us.

We've opened up our space to many people for collaborative events, most
recently an "Ad-based website roundtable":

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeschinkel/sets/72157622853503343/

We want our space to become a community hub. We don't even require membership
but we do appreciate when those using the space  choose to join so as to offset
the cost of us making the space available to the community, and that is
happening quite frequently.

For other space owners I'd suggest similar.  For those wanting to use the
space, I'd suggest they be aware that running a coworking space is often a
labor of love and a gift to the community and that those using the space
support the space financially in whatever way is appropriate.

HTH.

-Mike Schinkel
Co-founder; Ignition Alley Atlanta Coworking
www.ignitionalley.com