Re: Car sharing and coworking

Hi, all. OfficePort in Chicago has a similar arrangement with i-Go Car
Sharing, a popular locally owned non-profit.

Car sharing and coworking (office sharing) are natural fits and a
great chance to cross-promote. We promote i-Go at events and feature
our arrangement—free biz membership ($75)—as a benefit of becoming an
OfficePort member; I-Go promotes OfficePort to their 14,000 members in
return. All i-Go members get half off a month's membership, up to
$275.

Since we share the same ethos as i-Go, we're planning more joint
marketing efforts in 2010. There are locally based car sharing
companies all over the U.S. where i-Go members have reciprocal
privileges.

Not dissing ZipCar. It was just a matter of what fit our membership
and vision better.

Hope this helps other space owners get more value for their crew.

Best,
Jason
Coworking Evangelist
OfficePort Chicago