I'm in the middle on this, and thanks for the ack Clark.

Listening is important, but so is deciding what you want your space to be able
and catering to that subset of the population. Like Jacob we have said "no" to
"by the hour."  We want to build a community, not cater to a set of transients.
 And like Tara said we try to figure out what they need.

But hey, we've only be doing this 3 months so we've still got a long way to go!

-Mike Schinkel
Co-founder; Ignition Alley Atlanta Coworking
www.ignitionalley.com

P.S. For another take on listening to customers there's always "The Innovator's
Dilemma" by Clayton Christensen.