On 10 Feb 2010, at 03:45, Barbra wrote:

> i've been looking for a situation where i can share space with others
> in the milwaukee area, but there doesn't seem to be anyone renting/
> sharing, strangely enough.

Sounds like you need to start a co-working space to me. :-)

Why not start by - right now, today - putting something up on craigslist, or
other forums people in your line of work locally might be hanging out? A group
of you can then meet up for a coffee, perhaps find somewhere to work together
for a day and see how it works out.

If you get on with each other, go and start looking for a space to rent
together.

It might seem like a giant hurdle - and for me it took years between idea and
actually moving in - but each journey of a thousand miles starts with the first
step, so don't delay!

Also to counter the lonely problem whilst you wait for that, consider seeking
out or starting networking events. Here in Manchester in the UK we have groups
like:

http://geekup.org/
http://www.manchestergirlgeekdinners.co.uk/
http://www.northerndigitals.com/
http://socialmediamanchester.ning.com/
http://techcelerate.org/

So, work out what kind of event you'd like to go to, find it, and if it doesn't
exist then go and start it. :-)

--
Paul Robinson

http://vagueware.com :: p...@vagueware.com :: +44 (0) 7740 465746

Vagueware Limited is registered in England/Wales, number 05700421
Registered Office: 3 Tivoli Place, Ilkley, W. Yorkshire, LS29 8SU
Correspondence: 13 Crossland Road, Manchester, M21 9DU