> I think that should the community wish a legal entity to hold the
> domain name that a trust be established as long as this trust is
> inactive and does not trade (ie holds passive assets like domain name
> etc)
>
> I would argue that it should allow it's members to have the option to allow
> it to trade it later the members decided they wanted to by some sizable
> majority.

This issue is some what major. A Trust has Trustees and the Trust Deed
outlines how they are appointed or removed.

A LLC (or Ltd, or Pty, name varies but much of a muchness) the
Directors are appointed/elected based on the companies constitution.

I feel unless someone is unable to fulfill their duties and is not
malfeasance, not in jail, bankrupt (or sold out to Evil Office Suites
R Us which Alex will do later in life :-) then I do not think we
should change the 'group' or tell them what to do. But that 'group'
having an operational arm underneath them (like in my NZNOG detail) is
a different matter. Each year NZNOG calls for volunteers to be on that
committee and people are appointed based on ability etc.

> Finally if we follow this route then country the Trust is created is
> key. I propose New Zealand law because everyone loves us :-)
>
> Who says everyone loves NZ?!?  You guys are the worst, 2nd only to those
> awful Aussies!  Never in NZ!!!

At least we agree Aussies are worse!

--
Steven Heath
Director, Foxbane Consulting

AltSpace.co.nz - Shared office space in Wellington for home based
workers, freelancers, or nimble companies