Hi Alex,

I like essence of the idea, but I can't see directly how to apply it.

When I look at open source licenses (which is what I assume inspired you) they
are licenses that people apply to their software and those licenses are free
for anyone to use to apply to their software.  The OSI's role is to bless the
licenses.

The best analogy to open source licenses I can see would be to have a member
agreements that coworking facilities can use where the member agreements would
be "approved" as coworking member agreements. And just like open source
licenses there could be many different approved member agreements.  But to
follow the open source lead all approved member agreements would need to be
consistent with a single set of core bedrock principles. And it would be these
principles which we would discuss and then agree upon.  After that any member
agreements that wanted the "coworking" seal of approval would need to be
submitted and reviewed before approving.

Now, that said, I'm not necessarily advocating the above nor do I even know if
it would be possible for it to be workable.  But it is the analogy I see.

What I do see as a possible start, assuming you and others agree, could be to
identify those principles when can be objectively evaluated/measured to which
we all agree.  If approved member agreements follow from there, great. Or if
something else follows from there, great too.  Of course what those principles
are I'd prefer you to start...

-Mike