Mark,

We're about to open a space here in Green Bay (The Docking Station -
http://www.thedockingstation.net/) and we had also sought public money
(revolving loan fun from the city) but were turned town because the
loan fund it tied to job creation and technically, we're not creating
jobs.

That said, we've had increased interest from some solid local
investors who want to get behind the concept.  You might consider
speaking with people who serve the commercial interiors industry
(carpet, furniture, real estate, etc.) who have a vested interest in
these types of 'creative class' investments.

Good luck with your project!

- Dana VanDen Heuvel