Hi, Nancy,

What knd of class is it?  I asssume you are interested in the use of
coworking in a creative career, since it's SCAD.  (Hometown advantage,
I come from Atlanta most recently, born at Fort McPherson).

I now live in the Netherlands and am busy launching my coworking space
here. Every coworking space is different; my own is actualy a part of
my house.  I live in a 400 year old (and counting!) farm house and the
former stable has been converted to office space.  One office is a
regular tenant and the other is nwo being made over into a coworking
space -- a kind of bed and breakfast for business.  I am developing a
relationship with a creative arts school nearby and expect to offer
podcasting, video conferencing, filmmaking and editing services to my
members.  Because my space is so small, it is very easy to convert the
conference room into a studio space -- we can just pull the furniture
out and bring the equipment in.  My background in theater comes in
handy in dealing with lighting and setting. :-)  We have datatports
and power everywhere you can imagine and a couple places I couldn't
have made up.  (In the kitchen?  Seriously?)  People in media and in
visual arts find coworking really useful as it helps to keep the
business side and the creative side flowing smoothly if you can do
both in one place, in a physical space that supports the right
function.  You can do your billing in the editing suite but it's not
that efficient.  :-)

I have a friend in New York who is trying to talk me into having a
once a week jam session for musicians, where we would have sound and
recording equipment available, and I am thinking about it.  Haven't
resolved that one yet.

Do you want to hear from members who use the spaces or from people who
have the spaces?

Jeannine