At BootHK in Hong Kong, we are in the process of hacking together our
own RFID door lock which checks membership database and logs entry
data.

The RFID system we chose is based on the ISO14443C Sony Felica
standard, which is also used by the ubiquitous "Octopus" card. The
card is used for small purchase and public transportation payments in
Hong Kong, and is carried by almost everyone in HKG. It is also a card
system widely used in China, India, Singapore, Thailand, Philadelphia,
Bagladesh, and Japan.

Let me know if anyone is interested in more information about our system.

-William Liang
BootHK