A computer, web cam, and network access is all you need.  Recently, mobile
smartphones have joined the mix...which is very cool.

But keeping it simple:  A simple (and free) point-to-point or multipoint (I
called it our "Virtual Watercooler") full time video / audio connection
using Skype (http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/home) is super simple
(well....for those comfortable with a computer).

You could do it today with no problem.

See this blog entry then head to Skype  for the application:
http://telbitconsulting.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/skype-multipoint-video-chat/

<http://telbitconsulting.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/skype-multipoint-video-chat/>You
can call me at "TracyVirtualOffice" later this morning (after 9 AM
PST)...that connection will be the Virtual connection between your location
and AltamontCowork, and you can keep it up all day, everyday.

Mike

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 2:34 AM, Minna - The Network Hub
<minna...@gmail.com>wrote:

> We would definitely be interested!  We are in Canada, shoot me an
> email at m...@thenetworkhub.ca
>
> Fantastic idea, brings back some sweet Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
> memories!
>
> Thanks!
>
> On Dec 8, 5:10 pm, Brian Sierakowski <briansierakow...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Fellow coworkers,
> >
> > I'm one of the community managers at the Beehive Baltimore, and we
> > have a fun idea.
> >
> > We're considering creating a wormhole between our coworking space and
> > another space, somewhere in the world (perhaps not in the US!) What
> > this means technically is that we have a 24/7 video bridge between our
> > two spaces, manifested on a monitor or TV that sits on the wall.
> >
> > More importantly, what this also means is that the coworking community
> > will have another touch point, more face to face time, and yet another
> > opportunity to create serendipity.
> >
> > If you're interested in trying this out, let me know, would love to
> > have multiple spaces try this experiment with us and each other!
> >
> > Talk soon,
> > -Brian

"Visit http://ForCarol.com <http://forcarol.com/> and help raise teen
awareness about unsafe driving and encourage parents to enforce curfews!
 Would you rather argue with your teen...or bury them?"

Mike Pihlman
AltamontCowork / ForCarol.com
95 W. 11th Street, Suite 205
Tracy, CA 95376