> First, our members mostly just want a great place to work and they think
> it's neat that there are a number of other spaces around the world, but they
> are more interested in the work they are doing.

Jacob, you know I love you, but this sounds shortsighted. Just because they
don't have an expanded worldview doesn't mean that they shouldn't be given
the chance to see what it could do.

I can contrast that sentiment that most of our members, while not
necessarily aware of the big picture at first or its sheer scale, are
extremely excited to be a part of it (and in many cases, contribute to it),
*given the opportunity*. They love the fact that in places all around the
world, people are experiencing something similar to them. We keep the local
focus, but think it's important to have a global perspective. That's not
just an attribute of a better coworker, or business owner/leader, that's an
attribute of a better *citizen*.

Without being presented with the possibility of being a part of the bigger
world just outside their doors, I don't blame them for "not wanting to".
They don't even know that they "could want to" let alone that they "should
want to".

The trick is to give them the opportunity without also giving them a *
completely* blank page to work from.

Like any interview, the key to this is knowing how to ask good questions,
and look for prompts for asking yet more questions. This is hard to
automate, but some more in-depth interviews being conducted by the members
who want to know more about and be known more in the global community is
something that I firmly believe that many members will do if they're given
the opportunity.

Personally, I'd love to see Angel's idea turn into a brainstorm of the kinds
of questions and answers that members have with each other and coworking
space catalyst, founders, leaders, etc have with them as well.

>From there, I think we can put together some queues for conversation to get
over "blank page syndrome" and simply provide enough context for the stories
- and the broader worldview that our members deserve to be able to have for
themselves - to emerge. What we do with those stories could go in a million
directions, let's worry about that once we have figured out a good way to
capture them.

-Alex

/ah
indyhall.org