We never totally took security as serious as how our members might feel within the space. To make the environment safe, we took several different precautions at spaces we managed.

Access
Thumb Access works very well. And a good money maker if coworker adds a new employee to the space.

Alarm
DIY Alarm Systems work a lot better and more cost efficient than joining ADT or alarm services. DIY Alarm Systems connect to your cell phone directly if there is an issue in the space; from there you can make an instant decision if you want to call 911 or visit the space directly. DIY Alarm System are one time buys and has no on-going fees. Great way to keep costs down. We used them specifically to maintain access to a datacentre within a coworking space. Do note, DIY Alarm are hard to find on the market. Must constantly keep your eyes open for one and when you do see it - buy it. They are guaranteed to get sold out fast.

Camera's
We have avoided the use of Camera's. We actually rely on our coworker and members to be our eyes and ears. One way of doing this is the type of members we have accepted in our managed spaces. Members are friends, these are trusted professionals within a circle of association who can work together, build together and save together. When there is an issue, it effects everybody. This system creates an internal law, safeguarding a community. When there is an issue, everybody takes the blame. It only takes one warning to tame everybody down and be able to respect the space they are in.

--
Tm Mahdi
Director & Founder,  Cg6 Inc.

unlocking the creative markets.
toronto: studio 207 - 201 weston road, ontario m6n 3p1 canada |
http://twitter.com/Cg6Inc
co | 1416.238.6881 w | www.cg6.com my | cvfolio.cg6.com/ tm.mahdi/ | about.me/tm.mahdi e | tm.ma...@cg6.com

get your own Movable Ink