Thanks for pointing out the global coworking visa scheme Tony. I have
used this and always found friendly, hospitable people who are happy
to host visiting members of other coworking schemes. The three
cornerstones of independence, collaboration and community always shine
through wherever I go.

As a consultant I have used Regus offices as a company needing
temporary office facilities in several locations, sometimes for
project teams, or whilst establishing permanent offices in a region.
Several years ago I was given a free drop-in membership to Regus
centres here in UK. This allows you to use their "lounge" areas free
of charge, but not free access to desk space. It is used as a way of
recruiting potential new office users for their corporate offering -
similar to a free "trial pass" that we offer for limited periods here
at Moseley Exchange. However, I tried it and found that in the
locations I used, the lounge was actually a stool in the shared
kitchen area, and that it was impossible to meet anyone for a
discussion, or have a telephone conversation, because of the flow of
office workers making coffee and food. These other users aren't really
interested in coworkers and collaboration, just getting a coffee to go
back to their office... I also got targeted constantly with offers of
office suites and meeting rooms... after a few attempts I gave up and
threw away my "Gold Membership Card". They are still targeting other
organisation with similar affinity marketing schemes, promising
plentiful locations and first class (but conventional) offices. To a
degree they are a threat to recruitment of potential coworkers, but
only until people have tried it and realised it isn't what is
described on the box.

James Rock

On Jun 20, 2:57 am, Tony Bacigalupo <[email protected]> wrote:
> Tm, ahem:http://wiki.coworking.info/w/page/16583744/CoworkingVisa
> On Jun 19, 2011 8:55 PM, "Tm Mahdi" <[email protected]> wrote:

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en.

Reply via email to