Whoops...my first email foopah (and if you believe that....)  Sorry, for
copying everyone...

But...donations are welcome at ForCarol.com   :-))

Mike

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 7:02 PM, Mike Pihlman <telbitconsult...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for visiting AltamotCowork today!  And pls thank ur wife for
> spurring my decision to pull $400 to finish the 501c for ForCarol.  In the
> long run, that is most important...
>
> Mike.
>
> On Jul 27, 2011 6:20 PM, "sk...@emergentresearch.com" <
> sk...@emergentresearch.com> wrote:
>
> I participated in a webinar today on distributed work and presented on
> coworking.  The audience (about 200 or so, I think) was mostly
> comprised of HR folks from large companies.  A couple of interesting
> take aways:
>
> 1.  53% of the attendees were not familar with coworking - we did a
> webinar poll asking.  Generally speaking these types of polls
> understate the results of a question like this, so my guess is closer
> to 2/3rds aren't familar.
>
> I saw this as a positive.  It means quite a few in corporate HR are
> aware of coworking.
>
> 2.  There was a ton of interest in the topic and based on the
> questions the major coworking concerns this audience has are data
> security, general risks/problems associated with a lack of privacy,
> and the potential loss of confidential information.  No major
> surprises here.
>
> All in all the group seemed open to the idea of corporate employees
> using coworking spaces, they're just very concerned about these
> issues.  Of course, it's hard to judge what a webinar audience is
> thinking - but that's what it seemed like.
>
> Steve

"Visit http://ForCarol.com <http://forcarol.com/> and help us help a Tracy,
CA student go to college.  "Carol Phan College Scholarship Fund"

Mike Pihlman
AltamontCowork / ForCarol.com, Inc.
95 W. 11th Street, Suite 205
Tracy, CA 95376