I'm finally catching up and finished this 5th essay. I scrapped a bunch of
versions and kept coming back to Derek's quote. Thanks for the inspiration,
dude.

Anyway, here's the final stack:

http://dangerouslyawesome.com/2011/08/coworking-core-values-1-of-5-sustainability/
http://dangerouslyawesome.com/2011/08/coworking-core-values-2-of-5-accessibility/
http://dangerouslyawesome.com/2011/08/coworking-core-values-3-of-5-openness/
http://dangerouslyawesome.com/2011/08/coworking-core-values-4-of-5-community/
http://dangerouslyawesome.com/2011/10/coworking-core-values-5-of-5-collaboration/

Susan Evans suggested during the coworking owners retreat that we consider
adding a 6th value: participation. I touch on this a bit in the
collaboration essay - in essence, you can collaborate without the presence
of participating. Lots of people fake it, but in the best coworking
communities and spaces I've visited, people are far more present in their
participation than average and even exceptional workplaces. I'm considering
a "bonus" core value essay...but I think I need to chew on that idea some
more first :)

Anyway - this was a fun project to put together and I look forward to
updating and expanding on these ideas, as well as seeing them updated and
expanded on as more people share their opinions and experiences.

One series has already emerged from Mutinerie in Paris, as William has been
translating my series. 3 of the essays have already been translated - I also
particularly like that they have been interpreted a bit along the way. HUGE
thanks to William for doing this, it's very cool.

http://www.mutinerie.org/les-valeurs-du-coworking-15-durabilite/
http://www.mutinerie.org/les-valeurs-du-coworking-25-communaute/
http://www.mutinerie.org/les-valeurs-du-coworking-35-ouverture/

-Alex