They offer an affiliate program for linking elance on our websites,
but it would serve their and our freelance clients to inform everyone
about coworking as well as elance type resources.  Is that not
fostering healthy business all around?  That is what I thought Will
was pointing to, I don't think having elance look more like coworking
was the goal.

Elance could promote mutual collaboration, just provide a link to
directories of coworking spaces on their site, newsletters.
Loosecubes, Liquidspace, worksnug, deskwanted, shareyouroffice, the
wiki etc.  Unless they have made exclusive arrangements with Regus
which would diminish their credibility for me.  We are an extremely
valuable resource.

Here in Orange County a structure for finding, doing, keeping, and
growing freelance work would be a large part of what I think coworking
is here to do.   Provide environments where freelancers succeed so
their families, associates, clients - their communities - thrive.

Julie
www.collaboc.com
949.682.9141
Julie