I am involved heavily in various information security conferences.
 Derbycon BsidesLV,BsidesDE, Shmoocon, etc.  Our speakers are informed, as
part of the speakers information sheet, that they will be video'ed, and
given a free copy of their video.  Their slides are required to be
submitted, so they can be distributed to attendees, etc.  If you choose not
to be video'ed, at some conferences that is a valid choice, and the cameras
go off, and the audience is informed that they are special, cause no one
else gets to see it.  Sometimes adds a little cachet to a topic.

And protects some people who aren't allowed to present, to do so safely.

Speakers information sheet/email = the thing they get saying, you are
speaking on Saturday, at 10am, in this room, and you should pick you your
badge at x place, at y time, and we're looking forward to seeing you there!
 Etc etc etc.

Joshua