Hey Sam! I started out with a survey and some outreach to get people to complete this, then realized the best market research was to go out and build a community, who over time would help define what was wanted and needed. This is the process that I am in now. I started a meetup group and through a variety of meetings and events, as well as 1:1 conversations, I am learning what is needed and wanted as well as who is out there.
This way I can get the first-hand low down on a number of elements, "test market" ideas/events, and help myself refine my sense of the type of community that I would like to be a part of building. This is a longer process, but has benefits beyond data gathering, such as allowing you to find paying customers and build loyalty, as well as develop programming, culture, etc, before investing any significant money! On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Sam <[email protected]> wrote: > I am new to this group but have some experience in CoWorking. I now live > in a medium size city with no coworking facility. I am interested in > starting one from scratch, but am concerned there is a market for it. > > Has anyone done any type of market research in their area prior to opening > to determine the interest? > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Coworking" group. > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msg/coworking/-/ojwZ-3jCCUIJ. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]. > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en. > -- Tricia Chirumbole US: +1-571-232-0942 Skype: tricia.chirumbole -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Coworking" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en.

