We do not do partial days because:

1) it's extra overhead, as you've mentioned
2) people start thinking that they are paying for "time" instead of paying for
participation

We don't want our members counting their hours any more than we want to be
counting them. The experience of feeling like "my time is up!" isn't very
friendly to the community-bonding experiences that we want in our spaces.
> We need members, but we can't make
> exceptions to every "rule."

This is the most important part: set up a system that's simple and flexible. No
matter what you do, people will want exceptions. Most people who will be good
members will happily accept that the options are there for a reason, and work
within them rather than demand exceptions. The ones who want special treatment
tend to be problem-members long term. Give 'em an inch…you know the rest.

/ah
indyhall.org
coworking in philadelphia