Hi Sam,

Yes, Virginia Tech (50 miles from me) has an extremely successful
co-working space that primarily caters to students.  I'm opening a
coworking space here in Roanoke (www.RoanokeBusinessLounge.com - launching
in July) so I've done a lot of research on them.  The one at Tech is called
TechPad (http://techpad.org/).  There are a lot of technology companies
that utilize the space and have successfully launched major companies from
within those walls, like Lejure (Google for more info).  They have both a
Facebook page and a website.  You can google it and find a ton of articles,
videos, and information about how they started.  I think Jim Flowers, from
VTWorks, was the major proponent of this initiative.  From what I
understand, the success of it was due to it being tied to a Marketing Firm.
 VT also has an E-Club for entrepreneurs.  I'm happy to help you if you
other questions.

Have a great day,
Sam Steidle

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Sam <samspur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings coworkers,
>
> I'm undertaking a project this summer to develop a proposal for an
> academic coworking space for my university. I'd like to include
> examples of other academic coworking spaces that already exist.
> However, I'm having trouble locating these examples.
>
> Does anyone know of any coworking spaces that are either a.)
> administered by a university or b.) cater almost exclusively to
> students? Ideally, this space would be in use by both students and
> faculty. At this point, though, I'll take anything that may vaguely
> fit this description.
>
> If you can help me out by providing website URLs or contact
> information I'd greatly appreciate it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sam Spurlin
> Claremont Graduate University
> MA Student, Positive Developmental Psychology
> samspur...@gmail.com
> 248-701-7472

*Samantha Steidle*

**