*Followers, Donors, and Friends,*

We are very excited to announce that the project has hit critical mass.
After we completed recruitment of the Coworking Wiki oversight
team<http://www.opencoworking.org/coworkingwiki/project/team/>,
the work of reorganizing the wiki became self-sustaining. Right now, the
team is welcoming and training new editors, recruiting volunteers, cleaning
up the directory, adding information to the site, and reviewing the
proposed wiki content
structure<http://wiki.coworking.com/w/page/55313141/Coworking%20Wiki%20Content%20Structure>.

We’re also preparing to update our project
site<http://www.opencoworking.org/coworkingwiki/>to better reflect our progress
and support the work ahead. The only aspect
of the project we’ve had to put on hold is the upgrade to a map-based,
searchable coworking space directory. We hope to implement this change
someday, but present fundraising simply will not allow us to proceed on
this until a later date.

Several brave souls have stepped forward to volunteer. Some are translating
the details of the upgrade project for non-English speakers in order to
broaden awareness and support. Others are cataloging wiki resources so that
when the content structure has been finalized, we can begin migrating the
data. There’s a lot of work ahead, and thanks to your support, it will get
done.

The Coworking Wiki educates about the values and models of coworking,
connects freelancers and small business owners to spaces, and shares the
tools that make opening and running a space easier. Our donors recognized
the need to improve this incredible resource, and this project would not
have been possible without their help in carrying the burden. Coworking
communities everywhere will all benefit from their generosity, and they
have our eternal gratitude. Individuals and organizations that contributed
to the project are recognized as Coworking Wiki Founding
Partners<http://www.opencoworking.org/coworkingwiki/thankyou/>
.
*What Happens Now*

The wiki belongs to all of us, and a top priority is making sure the
community is informed and has a voice in its development. We will continue
to post news about our progress and calls for
volunteers<http://www.opencoworking.org/coworkingwiki/participate/#volunteer>on
the blog and
Twitter <http://twitter.com/coworkingwiki>. We will also keep a list of
ongoing and upcoming wiki-related projects on this site. Your
feedback<http://www.opencoworking.org/coworkingwiki/contact/>is always welcome.
*Adieu, My Loves. Adieu*

Starting today, the project coordinators responsible for launching the
upgrade - Jacob, Chelsea, Susan, and me - will be retiring or moving to
advisory roles. Jacob and Chelsea were with the project from the start, and
Susan joined soon after. When it became clear that we would fall short of
our first fundraising target, all three of them offered to forfeit
compensation in order to see the project through. Even after the July 31
transition, they’ve offered to pitch in when they can. Inspired by Jacob
and Susan’s passion, I came aboard in early May to assist in communications
and outreach efforts. I’d originally signed on for a month and stayed for
three, but the obligations of my day-job and other part-time commitments
now require that I step back. I am honored to have been a part of the
project and to have worked with everyone involved. They are wonderful,
inspired people.

And don’t even get me started on the rest of the team! Knowledgeable,
talented, and brilliant! Never have I experienced a staff with less drama
and more humor. Our email exchanges were epic. Team Coordinator Katie Hurst
has organized an excellent system of check-in emails, shared documents, and
Skype calls to keep everyone on track.

So, with that, we begin our transition. We hope to soon have a global
Coworking Wiki that we are all proud of. There will be the inevitable bumps
in the road and false-starts. When we encounter these, we ask for your
patience. We’re here for the long haul.