Alex,

I think we see the City more involved because of it. There has been
discussion about how to get more staff to have it as an option.  At one of
our other sites having the interaction changed city requirements to allow
people to run home based businesses.  Most cities have ordinances that
prevent the typical startup in your garage.  The City of Chandler based on
interaction with participants at Gangplank have created a way to get a
zoning clearance to accommodate this.

http://www.chandleraz.gov/content/HomeBusinessApplication.pdf

It still isn't flexible enough, but it is a start.

--
Derek Neighbors
Gangplank