That sounds ideal, Glen.  You'd think the guy who wrote the article we're
reacting to would get that too.  Regus IS NOT a co-working space.  It is,
however, a valuable resource for people who need access to professional
offices from time to time or regularly.

 On Monday, November 5, 2012 4:00:42 PM UTC-5, Glen Ferguson wrote:

> When talking about the two businesses as competitors, the analogy that
> seems to work well is comparing a sushi restaurant to a steakhouse. Once
> you refine your needs/wants any deeper than "food" or "work", there's
> enough differentiation that there isn't any real competition.

No problem, Will.

I know both sides.  I know people who manage co-working spaces in NYC. I
considered becoming a member because there are a lot of choices in NYC.
Also, a start-up opened a free co-working space in Manhattan and, for the
times I needed it, that worked just fine.  I just realized that for what I
do, social media management, I really didn't need to be in a room with a
bunch of hackers.  In fact, that would probably distract me as I need to
focus in on what I'm doing.  A typo on a FB page post is a PITA. (Okay, I'm
sure a typo in a line of code is worse, but I really do need to focus when
I work.)  For traveling, nothing beats Regus simply because they're
everywhere.  I've used their offices when I'm just visiting a friend. She's
great but she sometimes forgets her wifi password or things just go
haywire.  It's easier to hop in the car, drive to a Regus office, work and
head back than to deal with all the distraction swirling around me.