>  We had member sessions as well to plan the re-launch of the new Mojo site,
> and found that many of our members were looking to have a bit more
> information about their businesses on the site.  Our "members" page became
> that solution.  Curious if that was not of importance to your members?

It comes up once in a while, and follow up by asking what they want to
accomplish by having their businesses listed on the site. Then we show examples
of the value of putting more focus on stories, people, and interactions than
transactions and companies, and people are quick to agree that they don't want
Indy Hall to be a race car covered in logos but instead keep things focused on
the human interactions that have made their experience at Indy Hall valuable.

> Another important element we wanted to highlight on our new site was our
> community events

This has always been one of our hardest problems to tackle, and not just
because of technology (though we've been unhappy with most of the tools we've
tried) but moreso the way events evolve and morph over time. Calendars
undercommunicate. Meanwhile, we know that people often miss things because they
didn't hear about them through their preferred channels..

In the short term, we've addressed our lack of a public calendar with a weekly
itinerary of events that we send to our members list every monday. Our
next-steps for the site include re-launching the blog and finding a rhythm for
our public newsletter, between which we'll use as the primary sources for
highlighting events.

/ah
indyhall.org
coworking in philadelphia
pre-order my new eBook, "the business of community"