Hello everyone!

I'm a programmer who is living in
Asahikawa<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asahikawa,_Hokkaid%C5%8D>,
Japan.
A week ago, the first coworking space in our city opened.

The coworking space is in a bit lucklaster building in the city street;
City center itself is lucklaster.
Lots of the office rooms in the building are empty.
And then, a management consultant man started the coworking space; He is
really a nice guy.
If the coworking space become vibrant place, the adjacent office rooms will
be expanded as a part of coworking space.

I'm a independent contractor. I always work at home.
And I'm a wantrepreneur who want to start a startup in the future.
I've been dreaming to start hackerspace <http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/> in
Asahikawa city.
But I didn't know much about coworking space and its history.
So I've just learned about coworking space with coworking.com

Obviously, the coworking space didn't start from community.
But the consultant man wants to make the space community driven place.

Any of you, have a similar experience?
Can you suggest a possible problem with this kind of coworking space?

Thanks!