Thanks for putting together this survey and I am (also) definitely looking
forward to hearing your results when it is done.

Something else that I think would be interesting to include in a future
study is the spread of "online-enabled" offline networking. I am thinking
specifically of how people in the coworking movement utilise sites like
meetup to congregate and meet new people as well as rely on services like
yelp and foursquare to discover new places.
These are not exactly what you are currently looking to measure currently
but I think so definite parallels can be drawn and having correlated data
could be very useful.

-DAniel
founder, LakeworkSpaces
[cleveland, oh]