Hi everyone!

Thought I'd post an update on my coworking adventures thus far.
I've taken my core group of migration colleagues through the space to get
their thoughts and input. Good news is that they all agree on the changes I
want to make in order to make the space more presentable and comfortable to
work in. We're doing new floorboards, a fresh coat of paint, new lighting
fixtures, chairs and table tops to start with. Two of them also requested
private desks which I guess makes setting up that area a priority. My
current timeline is to get the place more or less how I want it by
September. That way I can take some photos of it for the website.

As a way to vent my enthusiasm I've created a facebook page
(https://www.facebook.com/collinscollective). Feel free to throw us a like!

>From all the coworking articles/threads/blog pieces I've been reading (I
still come here every day) I think it will be important for the space to be
able to host a myriad of events and workshops. My space is small, so as
Jeannine pointed out earlier it'd be of great benefit if the furniture
could be easily moved around when needed.

My next goal before opening the space is to merge my existing network of
coworkers with another group of people from other industries. I really want
the space to be as vibrant and diverse as possible. I've reached out to
some university entrepreneurial clubs and have offered the space for them
to host events in when it's ready. Let's see how it goes! Any ideas on
getting my facebook likes up? Has anyone paid for facebook ads?

- Sean