Daniel,

I will just say ditto to what Alex and others have said.  Focus on the
community.

My team and I are focusing on just what you are talking about - bringing
coworking to smaller communities and suburbs where accessibility to
coworking is not as easy.  (We are 30 mins from our closest facility and up
to an an hour + from some).  We identified a handful of areas and are
working on building those communities through our facebook page, meet up
groups and drop ins that we are hoping to start in the next few weeks.

Try reaching out to your city's Chamber of Commerce and Economic
development department.  We have reach out to, and met with several of the
Chamber's of Commerce in the given cities as well as the economic
development offices of the cities.  We got a tremendous response and
connection and response from the city I live in that may get us a space in
a new town center that was just approved for construction earlier this week.

You may also look to connect with Jasper Welch, the cofounder of a Durango
Space (http://durangospace.com/) in Durango, Colorado, a small town in the
southern region of Colorado.  I have reach out to him and am hoping to pick
his brain some more as he has successfully set up a space in a small
community and in the few emails we have exchanged, has a lot of knowledge
on the topic.  In my mind, his story reinforces that above all else, the
community makes the space work, even in smaller cities and towns.

And as Alex said, don't worry too much about someone taking your idea.  My
team and are literally working simultanously with another individual who
wants to open a space in the same area and for that fact there are at least
three other meet up groups with the same aspirations.  Focus on your
process and your space.  Don't feel rushed, be methodical and get a solid
foundation.  I am actually doing what I can to help the others who want to
set up spaces for two reasons.  Spaces are more successful when they have
other spaces in the area (See Deskmag coworking survey results).  I think
this is because with more spaces, the word about coworking is spread
further.  And the second reason is that the other two have slightly
different visions that we have.  One wants to develop a makerspace, which I
would love to partner with but don't want to get into the makerspace area
right now.  So just stick with your vision and you'll be fine.

But again, focus on community. community and community.  Getting the
physical space is the easier part of the equation.

Rob C.