Partial answer to your question.

Here's what we do for pausing membership:

"
PUTTING YOUR MEMBERSHIP ON HOLD
Members with a 3-month or longer membership agreement can put their
membership on hold for 2 weeks per 3-month agreement (that's 1 month for a
6-month agreement and 2 months for an annual agreement).
There's a 2 week minimum per break. And of course you need to let a Locus
manager know ahead of time. For simplicity and accounting purposes, you'll
need to keep paying your monthly invoices according to the original
contract, but you'll be able to continue using Locus at the end of your
membership for no additional charge for the duration of the period that you
put your membership on hold."

Our space is not representative in that about 70% of the members are
expatriates (from another country) and so the need for extended travel is
common.

People use this option A LOT.

Best,
Will