Hi Jay,
Cobot works with wi-fi and RFID (I'm leaving you a link to a post we wrote
about
it<http://blog.cobot.me/post/64379216608/automatic-attendance-tracking-flexible-friendly?utm_content=bufferb897b&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer>)

and we made a free integration for
Usher<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7tJ5nkgnks>a while ago. Usher works on
your smartphone and actually unlocks doors or
elevators.
Feel free to reach me directly at crist...@cobot.me if you're interested in
knowing more about this.
Cheers!