It sounds to me like your tenants came to rent a cheap office, not to
participate in a community. This is hard to combat after the fact, but it's
also a very common issue when a Coworking space is opened before a community is
built.

Also, odds are that if you're thinking of them as tenants, that they're
thinking of themselves as tenants as well. Why does that matter? Well, a tenant
mindset is transactional. That's why I rent my apartment, because I don't want
to deal with the details of the apartment, I just want to pay money and have a
place for my stuff and to sleep.

On the other side of the spectrum are members. Membership comes with an
expectation of participation. You have to set it early, though. You can't
spring it on people, they need to want to participate from the onset (and often
you need to show them what that means, very intentionally, early on).

Before I make suggestions about what you can do now, an important question
about your "tenants".

Do you have mostly teams/companies, mostly individuals/freelancers/solo
premiers, or some other mix?

/ah
indyhall.org
betterwork.co