Wish I had a more technically helpful answer, but as a coworking member,
the most impressive solution I've seen is at the Grind in NYC. Members
there use a card to tap themselves in every day, and photo profiles of all
checked-in members appear in a private online directory and elegantly on a
large screen in the space. I asked whether they could tell me what they
use, but no dice. I might have to challenge one of their people to an arm
wrestle.

Melissa
(coworker at New Work City in NYC)