Glad to hear that, Randy. My hope, other than to get help, was to highlight
an issue others might have or are having to face. Congrats on your growing
community by the way!

What was the effect when you changed your organizations name? Both within
the group and outside? It sounds like you already had a decent following at
the time you made that decision.

One of the things I also realized in creating the name on my own, is that I
had potentially missed out on a great opportunity for community
involvement. Had I waited, the community could have helped come up with the
name and as a result felt a stronger connection with it. My only issue with
this is how do I go about that now that I have a name, and one that I feel
is not suitable to continue with? The only viable solution I can think of
for a scenario where the community-to-be helps pick is one where I keep the
current name and wait until said community grows before we change it.

I just don't want to rename it now, on my own, only to be in this same
situation another 9 months from now. I could do something generic for the
time being - E.g. Alaska Jelly Group - and wait for the community. Though I
feel changing it (generic name) and then changing it again (community
derived name) will have negative side effects.

There is also the distinct possibility I am overthinking this. But I feel
like it's an issue worth talking about.