For the past two years, since we first opened our doors, we've been
chugging right along serving the needs of independent and remote
professionals on the *individual* level—freelancers (with the occasional
intern), remote employees, one-man startups, etc. And that's been great;
New members are quickly welcomed in and find community where they
previously had none.

Last month we had our first experience bringing in an existing "team:" Two
women working remotely for a consumer product group. Naturally, they
selected desks right next to each other and didn't spend much time talking
with anyone else unless they were approached first. We didn't have any
serious conflicts, but I sensed some regular annoyance from them about the
occasionally increased noise level, as well as the inability to reliably
find space where they could take long conference calls on speaker phone.
Not surprisingly, they cancelled their memberships after a month because
all they could see was the inconvenience of having people around, without
any of the upsides. And really, I can't blame them. Their experience wasn't
optimal, and we failed to properly show them the benefits of coworking.

We have a team of 3 people starting on Monday, and I want to do whatever we
can to make this experience different. What do you guys do to help ensure
that incoming teams have what they need to be their own community, but also
help them fit into the existing community rather than have to battle
against it? The obvious first step that we're definitely trying out is
making sure that the team is spread throughout the space, sitting by people
they don't already know, but I was curious if there was something more we
ought to try. Any suggestions?