At Collective Agency, when someone comes by, if they are interested, then I
express my interest in them signing up and show them how to do that. I
often sign people up when they come in, or when they call on the phone
before coming in. I've found the experience is better and people seem
happier overall, and the community here is better, when I do that.

Don't be pushy or aggressive ever. Instead, I like people being assertive
-- expressing what they want to happen, if they can ask for one thing, what
is it.

There's a model I like for interaction styles which groups people into 4
types: driver, expressive, amiable, analytical. My natural style is
analytical: I like time to think about things. People who are drivers are
more likely to want to sign up upon walking in. To bring in revenue and
community, my style is driver.

I've found that talking about why we exist and why I'm happy here, from a
personal perspective, is most important to get people to join. I like a
high-expectations, responsive style of leadership (democratic style) and
people see that in talking from me, and we attract people who like that.
(The typical coworking style is not that.)

Alex
--
Alex Linsker | Business Owner
Collective Agency <http://collectiveagency.co/>