Nice!
That's such a nice 'full-circle' element to include, I'm a big fan of the
model, and congrats on the expansion!

We used to do this at Xpace in 2004-2005, and we called it simply The Corner
Store.
It evolved out of a monthly retail event we used to host there called The Art
Market.
Our members were able to display and sell their work and wares in a typical
retail setting in Kensington Market, in one of our giant garage door / front
window sections of the shared space. We added a few gallery walls, display
cases, clothing racks and shelves to the existing set up and staffed it
Wednesday to Sunday.
We learned that it was easier for us to sell each-others work than it was to
sell our own.
It's weird to talk about how great your own work is, and so we switched roles
often and took turns working the store and handling sales, tours and visitors
to the exhibition space.

It was an additional revenue stream for the space (we sold a bit of branded
merchandise) and for the artist / maker members. And it brought a lot of new
people in that wouldn't have thought to visit us otherwise, so we increased our
event attendance and our members also benefitted from that.

The retail element was eventually removed (as the space has moved twice over
the last 10 years and the mandate of the space has also changed over the
years). But I would consider the model a solid one. It works in an exhibition /
gallery setting for artist studios as well as long as the retail section is
separated from the workspace to minimize interruption and wandering :)

You should come to GCUC Canada and/or independently tour some of the other
collaborative spaces like Walnut Studios, Graven Feather, or some of the
Artscape properties in Toronto for similar artisan workspace/retail models.

Best of luck!

Ashley

Creative Blueprint & Foundery
www.creativeblueprint.ca