Slightly divergent question, but since part of the problem seems to be the
spaces you're finding....what sources are you using to find potential
locations?

I'm currently going through the space search process again and I quickly
had to remind the folks that are helping me that we're not going to find
the kind of space we're looking for on MLS listings and other commercial
lease/sale directories. They're all full of cookie cutter vanilla space.

Craigslist is a massively underrated source for finding awesome oddball
spots that need minimal overhaul, but there's also ZERO replacement for
knocking on doors.

I look back on the last spot we found and realizing that our current space
wasn't on the market, anywhere. We found it because one of our members was
having a meeting in the building, thought "this is interesting and I know
that Indy Hall is looking for a new home" and then asking for landlord
contact info from the other tenant.

-Alex

*The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.*
Join the list: http://coworkingweekly.com
Listen to the podcast: http://dangerouslyawesome.com/podcast