Thanks all, for your feedback so far.

Sounds like I need a (few?) follow up post(s). I’ll also post some links
shortly to resources we used. In Canada, most co-ops are provincially
incorporated, so I assume that in the US each state will have its own co-op
legislation.

I’ll share what we did here in Ontario, and you should be able to figure out
how that works in your province/state.

I’m not sure how this works in other countries, but the co-op movement in
Europe generally is huge, so there should be some good resources on that side
of the Atlantic.

Trevor Twining
Cowork Niagara
http://coworkniagara.com <http://coworkniagara.com/>