Ruth,

That's a very good question and good point to consider when coming up with
a business plan (which most people already aren't aware of).

I might be a bit biased since I am one of the founders at getkisi.com but
we certainly allow the following:
- Automatically provision keys onto smartphones via your membership
software > If it's a member they'll have access, if they are not anymore,
they don't
- Restrict access based on times: You can make the key expire in 3 days or
make the key only valid for mon-wed in every given week
- Access log of all access events with timestamps

What we don't do: Counting how often people unlock the door (because
sometimes they unlock multiple times).

cheers,
Bernhard