Hi Ramon,

What I meant is, for our first and second membership locations (second one
is opening November
1st:
http://collectiveagency.co/2016/10/07/press-release-after-five-years-collective-agency-members-start-second-location-at-3050-se-division/

) people voted on a general need and geographic area of interest, and then
visited a location, and for the first location members prepaid rent (and
one person who didn't want to be a member but wanted to support, gave a
donation) and I put in $35 of my own money and risked being paid (and we
recouped all expenses within 5 weeks), and for the second membership
location members prepaid more than 100% of what was needed to prepay the
lease and furniture/equipment to start.

For our second meetings location, we're paying base monthly rent to an art
gallery and sharing a percentage of gross revenue when the base rent is
exceeded, and doing a timeshare. Their artists provide the art, and we
provide the meetings. (It also recouped all expenses in the first 5 weeks
and total revenue was 2x total expenses after 4 months.)

In both cases, there are regular weekly meetings and members ask for and
make happen what they very much want, including setting the rates
(self-governance), at Collective Agency for the membership locations and at
the art gallery for their artist co-op members (and here for the second
meeting location, which was inspired because enough members here strongly
didn't want part of our Loft to be blocked off for a new conference room to
be built).

Alex Linsker