Hi All,

I'm just catching up on this awesome conversation! Great insight on all
fronts...

I just cofounded a cowork in a VERY small town (12,000) people and we had most
of our memberships full before we even opened.

The key was gathering a team of community "leaders", educating them and getting
them on board. We have 9 people who are not members and are not a "board of
advisors"...they are visionaries who get "it" and their only role is to show up
and offer their insight. They have been critical in spreading the word.

We have also linked up with the local college and their entrepreneurial
program...I interviewed their assistant director (also on our team) who offered
some SUPER insight into his view on the impact of coworking on small towns
(check that out here
http://thecoworkconsultant.com/impact-of-coworking-on-cities/ )

Also, we ONLY have monthly memberships, no drop ins (the population isn't big
enough to sustain it AND it has an negative impact on the community vibe)!
Build the community first and get them excited to participate by having mini
events that introduce them to one another...we are noticing that there's a BIG
draw from nearby small towns too. People are willing to travel 15 minutes vs.
their 45-60 minute commute to find something similar to our Cowork.

The good news is, it's TOTALLY doable!

Please lmk if anyone want to hear more. I have a ton of experience doing this
in rural and "small" (from 12k up to 400k population) cities.

Be great and thanks for coworking! Keep it up, you all rock:)

Chris