Hey gang!

Keeping up with tradition of years past, I just released both parts of our
conference recap episode, A Survivor’s Guide to Coworking Europe Brussels
<http://listen.coworkingweekly.com/episodes/55324-ep47-survivor-s-guide-to-coworking-europe-brussels-part-1>.
As we have in the previous post-conference episodes, we went through the
conference day by day, including highlights and lowlights, and shared some
of our hopes for what conferences in 2017 can do to help coworking really
step up our game.

A big thank you to the Coworking Europe organizers for putting this event
together. We're critical in this episode, but I promise you that if we
didn't care about the conference, we wouldn't bother saying anything at
all.

On that note, we're mapping our conference plans for the new year and
thinking about the biggest things I want to see in 2017. At the top of the
list, for me, are:

   - More coworking *members* speaking. Big kudos to Ashley Proctor &
   Coworking Canada for what I hear was an awesome member panel back in
   September. I'm sad I missed it in person.

   - Somebody, *please* be daring enough to break the mold of *"day one
   pays for day two and day three"* that we talk about in this episode.
   Tune in to see what we mean.

   - Special note: I've also been hearing about smaller, local, regional
   events happening. *This is awesome. *It's my hope that these episodes
   can give you some tools and insights into how to make those events
   worthwhile for newbies and experienced folks alike.

Listen to part 1 (Coworking Weekly Episode 47)
<http://listen.coworkingweekly.com/episodes/55324-ep47-survivor-s-guide-to-coworking-europe-brussels-part-1>
Listen to part 2 (Coworkign Weekly Episode 48)
<http://listen.coworkingweekly.com/episodes/55477-ep48-survivor-s-guide-to-coworking-europe-brussels-part-2>

Or, if you use iTunes to listen and subscribe to your podcasts, this link
will take you straight to the show <http://coworkingweekly.com/show>.

I hope you enjoy :) and please think about subscribing to the show to get
new episodes!

We're picking up the pace and looking for ways to use the podcast to bring
this community together. In a lot of ways, the podcast has become one of my
favorite ways to connect with folks...but it still feels kinda one
directional.

So we're trying some experiments to turn the megaphone around, starting
with a special online event (free to attend!) coming up in January that
we'll be announcing first *specifically *to our my podcast subscribers to
say thanks for tuning in and sharing the show.

I'm super, excited about that...and lots of other stuff we're working on
for 2017.

Happy holidays, friends!

-Alex

*The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.*
Better Coworkers: http://indyhall.org
Weekly Coworking Tips: http://coworkingweekly.com
My Audiobook: https://theindyhallway.com/ten