As I continue to gear up for our "one day" launch, one of the items I kick
around is the name of the space.

Right now, I'm leaning towards calling it The Hive. My reason is twofold:

1) I love the picture it creates -- the hive mentality. Everyone coming
together to get work done in a community.

2) The beehive is a symbol of historical significance here in Gloucester, VA,
and has been dating back to the 1800s, used as a picture of unity in the
colony. It is common to see beehives used as decorations in this area quite
often. So, I feel like it would be a name that resonates with the community.
Coworking is completely foreign here, so I want to do my best to work with the
culture and not against it.

All of this being said, in aware of at least a couple other coworking spaces
(globally) with this same moniker. Am I being unoriginal? Am I breaking any
unwritten Coworking rules by doing this?

I really like the name, and the people in the community in bounced it off of
really like it as well. I just want to make sure I'm being respectful to those
who have gone before me and paved the way.

Thanks!

P.S. I really love this community. You've been so gracious and open. It's
humbling.