Hi Ray,

For what it's worth, when I start thinking about space I'm going to be
using Google Sketchup in the first instance to map out the space. If you've
got a spare evening it's really easy to learn, free and really helps me
whenever I'm planning space - I did an extension on my house with it and it
offers the ability to drop in furniture from an online library (to save you
drawing everything out).

Hope that helps

Mark