Hi all, this may be a bit off-topic, but I'm interested in investigating
whether or not the co-working business model could be replicated for
co-learning. I understand many co-working spaces have educational
programming, and I have paid attention to WeWork's recent acquisitions of
FlatIron and 2U, but I'm curious about the prospect of creating spaces
(co-learning, as well as co-living, perhaps) designed primarily for
non-traditional learners - who study online, enroll in coding bootcamps,
etc. As a Higher Ed consultant and innovator, it's becoming clearer and
clearer that the university will "unbundle" -  students will take a course
here, and do a bootcamp there - but ultimately, people still want a space
to congregate, to have in-person instruction, to forge deep bonds, etc.

I've worked for a couple years at Duet <http://duet.org/> in Boston, which
rents space from the CIC <https://cic.com/boston/>, so I've seen it work,
but I'm curious to hear people's thoughts on the idea. Who else is trying
it? What might be some unanticipated obstacles? Who should I talk to?

Would love to hear people's thoughts!

Many thanks,
Jake