Wow! thanks Alex this was very helpful.

I'm trying my best to figure out that my "onramps" are as accessible as
possible but I feel that it isn't. Maybe it relies too much on when I can
host an event and people might lose interest. I have a coworking meetup
tonight at wework and hopefully if all goes well I can have someone host
another sooner than next time I originally wanted to host (scheduling
conflicts).
The connecting members is another one, maybe I should have people offer if
they'd like to post their personal portfolio being we are mainly artists, I
do sometimes get the "how can I keep in touch with everyone that came?"
chat.

I definitely think it's way too early to open a space and the
funding/sponsors question is mainly for networking events I throw and
hopefully I can generate interest from nearby companies/organizations
(autodesk, adobe, wacom, ves society) to help with cost / promotion of the
event, this being a digital artist networking event. Is this too much of a
reach? haha. I been to successful events in NYC and LA where I've seen this
happen, why not here?!