We want to add a podcast / recording room to our basement. Ideas welcome.
we plan to drywall 3 walls leave one wall solid basement concrete. Then add
carpet to the floor.  We have an open ceiling and wonder what to do about
that. it's all wood above us and wood joists.  Do we panel that?

I know directional (cardioid) microphones will help alot..but without going
crazy...what can anyone suggest overall?

Thank you